Can you tell me 3 things about yourself that people might not already know?
- I’m really into cooking, and would consider myself a pretty decent home chef. I played ice hockey as a kid and i also play in a Swedish country band!
What song of yours best describes you and why?
- I would say break it out. It is a song that describes the feeling of becoming free.
What has been the best gig you have done to date and what gig would you like to do in the future?
- We have done a lot of fun gigs, but for me who haven’t been a member from the start i’ll say Sweden Rock Festival 2014. It was a lot of fans, good weather and other great bands! It would be fun to play the big festivals abroad - Wacken, Hellfest etc.
What has been your best achievement to date and what would like to achieve in the future?
- Our best achievement is that we got back together. We haven’t been in Asia or America so we’d like to tour there
Can you tell us about your song ‘’Break It Out’’ and was it hard deciding that was the first song to come back with ?
- Of course! It’s a perfect comeback song. It really combines the best elements of the Ammotrack sound. A little bit evil with a catchy chorus.
Tell me a story from backstage or after a gig?
- Once Jonas (sorry!) was sitting in our dressing room, got feeling and started to headbanging. Nothing wrong with that if it weren’t for a beer bottle that stood in the way for his headbanging escapades. He hit the beer bottle with his left eye, and had to go the emergency room for the rest of the night.
If you were not in the job you are now what would you be doing?
- I would probably been working with music in some way. Or in an office. But most likely with music.
Can you give us a detailed account of what you have been up to the last five years and what made you decide to come back ?
- Me and Micke DeBruin decided to leave the band in 2015. We wrote a lot of new songs to play with a new band. But everything sounded very Ammotrack-ish! So me and Micke called the rest of the guys to give it a shot, and it was instant electricity and magic in the rehearsal space!
What has been the best gig you have been too as a fan and can you tell us about it?
- Iron Maiden 2003 in Stockholm. I was young and super stoked to see Maiden for the first time.
What things make you happy and what things annoy you?
- Good music, nice guitars and ice cream makes me happy! Slow people, fast people and happy people annoys me.
What things do you like to do when you are away from music?
- I like to read books.
Do you think social media and the internet are a good thing in the music industry?
- Yes, absolutely! It’s more accessible to get in touch with new bands and a lot more easier to spread your own music.
Can you tell me one thing about each member that people might not already know?
- Nope, sorry! In that case we would have to pause the band for another five years, but i can reveal that Micke is extraordinary in picking blueberries.
Can you tell us about any new releases gigs or anything else coming up in the future?
- Right now we have full focus on releasing new music, so no gigs booked at the moment.
If you could say one thing to your fans what would it be and why?
- Practice your guitar, eat your vegetables and listen to Yngwie!
How would you answer the question...... Who are Ammotrack and what are the differences between now and before ?
- Ammotrack is more than a band, it’s my three closest friends. I think the biggest difference is that we are more down to earth and wiser.
What was the first record or song you purchased and why?
- I bought Bat out of hell by Meat Loaf. Mostly because of the rad album cover.
If you could collaborate with any other band/singer or musician who would you choose and why?
- Ozzy of course!
If you could have written one song from history which would it have been and why?
- Any song by ABBA!
What has the rest of the year got in store for you and what are your plans for the future?
- We have more upcoming singles coming out (hopefully) this fall!