Dawn Of Ashes Interview
1. When did you decide that a career in music was for you?
Kristof: When I was in my early teenage years. I remember picking up White Zombie’s ‘Astro creep 2000’ and listening to it under headphones while imagining myself on stage. I realized that this is what I wanted to do with my life, so I persuaded being a professional musician and put everything into my drive for music.
2. How would you answer the question Who are Dawn Of Ashes and what are the differences between you as a music artist and you away from music ?
Kristof: Dawn of Ashes is a band that I personally write all of the music for. I have my team of live members that are a strong aspect of the band. In DOA we are a chaotic theatrical, shocking band that produces controversial content but away from music (at least now) we are a pretty mellow bunch for the most part. I myself am a very antisocial creature that enjoys being at home.
3. If you were not in the job you are now what would you be doing?
Kristof: I would persuade Horror special Fx.
4. Who are your musical inspirations and why?
Kristof: Nine Inch Nails, Hans Zimmer, Dimmu Borgir, Ministry, Fear Factory, old Manson, Various Industrial, hardcore, and extreme metal acts.
5. Do you think social media and the internet are a good thing in the music industry?
Kristof: I think they are a blessing and a curse. They can be very beneficial, but also toxic.
6. How important do you think you look and image is when it comes to being in the music industry
Kristof: I feel Dawn of Ashes has a package of important elements and the theatrical side is as essential as the music. The artistic vision has to match the music and it is very important that we are on point with every aspect of Dawn of Ashes.
7. What has been your experience during the Covid 19 situations.Can you tell us how this has affected you personally,how it has affected you professionally and maybe a story from this time or a message for people out there?
Kristof: Honestly, I don’t think it has had a huge impact on me besides not being able to tour or play live shows. It’s definitely an interesting era in life, but you just have to try to stay strong and be as productive as possible.
8. If you wrote a book about yourself what would it have in it?
Kristof: A story about my life and life in Dawn of Ashes.
9. What would say to someone thinking about becoming a musician and getting into the music industry?
Kristof: Keep your expectations low and learn how to develop thick skin. This industry is hard and it will eat you alive. Put 100% into it and you might get somewhere and if you don’t you absolutely won’t.
10. What has the rest of the year got in store for you?
Kristof: We are shooting a new music video in March and planning on touring this summer. That’s all I have for now.